Workforce Center Offers OJT to Improve Job Skills
Here’s a great deal for business owners and an incredible opportunity for those who are looking for work. The Colorado Workforce Center is offering on-the-job-training (OJT) at a reduced cost. What a perfect opportunity for employers to teach a new trade, get help with paying training wages and obtain a qualified employee in a sustainable position!
Here are the details:
- OJT candidates are unemployed workers who are searching for additional training to get back into the work place.
- OJT employers are businesses that have a current job opening in an in demand occupation and are willing to train and hire a permanent employee.
- OJT employers use their own system to teach the trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their companies.
- With On-the-Job Training (OJT), employers can cut the cost of hiring and training workers in half.
- OJT reimburses directly to employers up to one-half of a trainee’s gross wages for the duration of the training period.
- OJT is a program of the Federal Workforce Investment Act (WIA).