Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day on October 3
On Saturday Oct. 3, Walkable Bikeable Leadville and Trips for Kids Leadville will host young riders, ages 4 to 16, for a youth mountain biking event. The ride is part of a nationwide celebration known as Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day, supported by the International Mountain Bicycling Association (IMBA).
- Registration begins at 10 a.m. on October 3.
- Be sure to bring backpack with extra clothes, comfortable shoes and a water bottle. Bring your bike (if you have one), a helmet and a smile. We’ll have a few bikes and helmets for kids to borrow.
- Meeting place is the North Parking Lot of Lake County High School, 6th and McWethy
- Start time is 10 a.m. Bike Rodeo from 10-11 a.m. Supervised group trail rides at 11 a.m. Raffle, Prizes and Food at 1pm
- Parents are welcome to ride too!
- Waiver form is required, so bring a parent or pick up a waiver in advance at Lake County Intermediate School.
This event is a community effort thanks to Walkable Bikeable Leadville, Trips for Kids, Lake County School District School Wellness Teams, John Wayne Cancer Society, IMBA, Cliff Bars, and Cycles of Life.
Mark’s Midnight Carnival Show At Scarlet Tonight
Tonight, Friday Oct. 2, Mark’s Midnight Carnival Show will be playing downtown Lead Vegas at The Scarlet Bar. This indie band from Colorado which writes, performs, and release original music is a regional touring act that draws from a diverse list of influences, that crosses over multiple genres.
In the 4 years that they have been together they have performed well over 500 shows, released two studios albums, and put together an extremely polished stage show. They have a unique sound that sets them apart from other indie bands in the Colorado music scene. Often compared to bands such as The Black Keys, Vampire Weekend, Queens of the Stoneage, and Spoon, this band is a must hear for any music lover.
Mark’s Midnight Carnival Show will take the stage TONIGHT at 10 p.m..The Scarlet Bar is located in downtown Leadville at the corner of 4th & Harrison Ave.