Hey Batter, Batter . . . It’s Skyline Baseball Time!
Once that Opening Day call of “Play Ball” is heard around the country, thoughts and day-dreaming turn to baseball! And in Leadville, that means Skyline Baseball.
Registration forms for Skyline Baseball are at all Lake County school’s front office. Registration forms and fees are due back May 6. You may drop off your registration forms and payment to the schools front office, The Recreation Department, and First Mountain Bank or you can mail your registration form and payment to Skyline Baseball P.O. Box 162, Leadville, CO 80461.
- T-Ball-ages 4-6 – $35
- Minors-ages 7-9 – $45
- Majors-ages 10-12 -$45
- Juniors-ages 13-16 – $55
For questions, please call Frank Martinez at 970-376-4785 or David Negrete at 970-331-1926.
At 9Health Fair, you are in control of your health. Medical professionals are on-hand to offer assistance and advice, but you get to decide which health screenings are right for you.
Included at each location are:
- Blood Chemistry ($35) – Provides baseline information on blood glucose, cholesterol, liver, kidneys, thyroid, and more.
- Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) ($30) – Measures a protein produced by the prostate gland and is recommended if you have a family history of prostate cancer or are monitoring your PSA, per your physician recommendations.
- Vitamin D ($45) – Provides baseline Vitamin D levels, which helps you maintain proper bone health and understand your risk for immune diseases, heart disease, and certain types of cancer.
- Blood Cell Count ($20) – Your body’s ability to fight infection, anemia, liver disease and certain cancers can be discovered with this screening, which gives you a general picture of your overall health.
- Hemoglobin A1C ($20) – Measures your average blood sugar control for the past 2 to 3 months. Screens for diabetes/pre-diabetes.
- Colon Cancer Screening Kit ($25) – This take-home/mail-in kit checks for human blood in the stool, which may indicate colorectal conditions such as polyps, hemorrhoids, or cancer.
Based on the most current research findings, the 9Health Fair Medical Advisory Committee has determined that fasting is not required (optional) for blood screenings. To best prepare for a blood draw, drink plenty of water and continue to take prescription medications. People with diabetes should not fast. Check with your medical provider for specific recommendations.
Each 9Health Fair also offers a variety of free screenings such as Blood Pressure, Bone, Oral, Hearing, Foot, Skin and more.