All you have to do is look out the window to find something to be grateful for if you live in Leadville Today! Happy Thanksgiving from our table to yours. Here’s what you need to know about the biggest feast of them all in America’s highest city!
Before the FEAST
In support of this Saturday’s #ShopSmall event, here are some eateries on historic Harrison Avenue that are locally owned and operated. They are certainly something to #BeThankful for in Leadville Today. Please support them.
Cookies With Altitude (717 Harrison Avenue)
- Pies available for your Thanksgiving meal through Wednesday until 5 p.m. (maybe a little later).
- Owner Sherry Randall reports they will have a variety of pies available, including: Apple, peach, peach raspberry, apple cranberry nut, pumpkin, pecan, cherry, tiramisu, and lots of other great things as their culinary team dreams them up!
- CLOSED Thanksgiving Day.
Treeline Kitchen (615 Harrison Avenue)
- Thanksgiving Special for Take-Away. The restaurant will be closed on Thanksgiving Day but they will be doing take-away turkey and/or sides (mix and match). Order by Tuesday, Nov. 20 and pickup by Wednesday night on November 20.
St. George Church (200 W. 4th Street)
- A FREE Community Thanksgiving meal at 11:30 a.m. Come as you are. All are welcome!
St. Joseph Catholic Church (W. 2nd & Maple Streets)
- Thanksgiving Mass: 9 a.m. – English; 11 a.m. – Spanish
City On A Hill (508 Harrison Avenue)
- Open on Thanksgiving Day from 6 a.m. – Noon.
Gringo’s (102 Mt View Drive)
- The drive-thru only will be open from noon – 5 p.m.
Saturday’s Discount (South of Leadville on Highway 24)
- Open on Thanksgiving Day from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Family Dollar (1100 Poplar Street)
- Open on Thanksgiving Day from 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Safeway (1900 Poplar Street)
- Open on Thanksgiving Day from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.