Winter Storm Hovers, More Snow Today
Are You SURE You’re Registered to Vote?
Colorado offers so many options to cast your ballot that there’s truly no excuse for not letting your voice be heard at the polls. In addition, in a small community like Leadville, the power of one vote has determined more than one local election over the years.
To help voters stay engaged and informed, Leadville Today offers its Tuesday Political Round-Up reports, heading towards Election Day 2018. Today, it’s all about making sure that you’re registered to vote. What are the deadlines and requirements? How and where can you get registered? In addition, LT shares links to the official Lake County Ballot so that local voters may become familiar with local candidates and measures. For those readers who may have missed last week’s Candidate’s Night reports and video links, you can find that information here to view at your convenience. And finally we offer the official voter deadlines from the Colorado Secretary of State, regarding when things need to be submitted for both voters and candidates.
Colorado offers online voter registration. You can register to vote by mail in Colorado by printing a voter registration form, filling it out, and mailing it to your local election office. You can also register to vote in person if you prefer. The following outlines the deadlines and qualification for voting in the November 6, 2018 Election Day.
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
- The deadline to register online is Monday, October 29. If you miss this deadline, you will not receive a ballot by mail, but you can still vote in person at a voter service and polling center.
- The deadline for registering to vote by mail is Monday, October 29. If you miss this deadline, you will not receive a ballot by mail, but you can still vote in person at a voter service and polling center.
- The deadline to register to vote in person is Tuesday, November 6.
- You can also register and vote on Election Day.
Who Can Vote in Leadville Today?
- To register in Colorado you must:
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Colorado 22 days prior to the election
- be at least sixteen years old and understand that you must be eighteen years old to be eligible to vote
- not be serving a sentence (including parole) for a felony conviction
Online Voter Registration
- Colorado offers online voter registration.
- You should know: you need a Colorado ID to use Colorado’s online voter registration system. If you don’t have a Colorado-issued ID, you can still register to vote by mail.
- You can register online until Monday, October 29. If you miss this deadline, you will not receive a ballot by mail, but you can still vote in person at a voter service and polling center.